Skip to main content

Friends With Benefits: Is It Really Worth It?

If you are one of those people who likes to have fun without strings attached then you need to read this post. There's some crucial information right here and we will also talk about certain situations which you might need to know about. But even if you are just debating becoming friends with benefits with someone... You need to think about whether it's worth it or not. First of all, lot's look at the very obvious benefits when it comes to having someone that you can always hit up with a booty call. Pros For most people, it's the physical aspect. Orgasms are always nice. They make you stress-free and fill you up with happiness hormones that can have an effect on you for up to a couple of hours. How would you not want that all the time? Unfortunately, in most cases, only friends with benefits relationships are the only ones that can provide you with a lot of sex for a long period of time. If you get yourself a boyfriend or girlfriend then it's much di

Why Is Valentines Day So Important?

My opinion changes as often as I become single or get into a relationship. I'm sure I don't need to say why. But one thing always stays the same: Why is it obligatory for couples to love each other even more on this day? For some weird reason, this phenomena is completely normal in today's society, even if the certain pair are in the middle of a huge argument.
As soon at the 14th of February hits, suddenly there are no more problems, no more hate, everybody loves each other and chocolate rains down on every happy couple. But it ends like the magic on Cinderella, at midnight, when the date changes to the 15th or February everything goes back to normal. The fights continue and the happiness wears off.


But I still believe that Valentine's Day has to exist, just not the way it does currently. It should be about love, not the fake feelings we post on social media and the random gifts we take pictures of to show off to friends. It shouldn't be about singles feeling down because they don't have anyone to spend this special day with.

Here's how it should look (in my opinion):

  • Innocent confessions which are accepted and dealt with accordingly (something like in elementary school)
  • Singles with their friends celebrating all the fun years they've had together
  • Parents and children spending quality time together
  • Siblings finally catching up on recent events if they haven't had time to recently
  • Coworkers coming together to properly get to know each other


I was taught that Valentine's Day is about love. For me, love can happen between anyone, not just couples. I believe that this day should be for anyone and everyone, so that they can celebrate who matters to them most.

So, what else can we do on this day, if we aren't spending it with our significant other? Basically what you would do anyway. Go to a restaurant, the cinema or the park. Just don't forget to have fun and build your relationship with whomever you're going with.

Oh, and another main thing: it's alright if you decide that you love yourself most. We need assurance from someone, if we don't get it from other people then we have to make do with what you have. So be sure to pay attention to your own relationship with yourself.

Don't forget to leave your pets out of the fun either, they deserve a ton of love as well!




What do you think? Tell me in the comments or tweet at me.
Or check out the other posts about Valentine's Day.

Comments

  1. I totally agree that Valentine's Day should be about celebrating ALL kinds of love. I was single every Valentine's Day until I started dating my husband, but I still always enjoyed it. I loved to express love to my friends (I actually have a blog post coming out tomorrow about "PALentine's Day) and my dad was always so sweet in making it special for me when I still lived at home. :) So I have very fond memories of Valentine's Day even though I was single through almost all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It couldn't be put more eloquently. Since I was in secondary school, I used to hate Valentine's Day because I never got any gifts. I've never been anyone's Valentine so the day just reminds me of how single I am. But your perspective shows that people like me can enjoy it too if we separate it from the cliche kind of love and embrace loving ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you agree, I felt this way for years, but since I've changed my perspective on Valentine's Day I've been more... free I guess. I hope one day this will be the norm.

      Delete

Post a Comment