Skip to main content

Friends With Benefits: Is It Really Worth It?

If you are one of those people who likes to have fun without strings attached then you need to read this post. There's some crucial information right here and we will also talk about certain situations which you might need to know about. But even if you are just debating becoming friends with benefits with someone... You need to think about whether it's worth it or not. First of all, lot's look at the very obvious benefits when it comes to having someone that you can always hit up with a booty call. Pros For most people, it's the physical aspect. Orgasms are always nice. They make you stress-free and fill you up with happiness hormones that can have an effect on you for up to a couple of hours. How would you not want that all the time? Unfortunately, in most cases, only friends with benefits relationships are the only ones that can provide you with a lot of sex for a long period of time. If you get yourself a boyfriend or girlfriend then it's much di

Story Time: How I Met My Lover

This post won't be a top list, advice or some kind of recommendation. Today I decided to tell you a story.

The story that changed my life for the better and (probably) the best example of why you shouldn't always stick to the rules. Because they might be the only things keeping you from happiness.

(Fair warning: I did stupid things, I'm glad I'm able to type this up, please don't actually be this dumb.)

Rules only exist so we can break them.



So, this story began on the 3rd of March, 2018. I was getting ready for a concert that I'd been waiting for for 2 months. I put on the most revealing pieces of clothing I could find (which meant leather shorts and a sleeveless shirt and of course, the necessary high heels), which was already a bad idea, since it was cold as hell outside. Although the heels were nice at the time, I was going to catch a bus to go into the city, then come back by taxi.

But after I was done I called my sister (who was supposed to be coming with me) to ask when and where we should meet. She had no idea what I was talking about, mostly because she was planning on going out for her birthday with her friends.

I was absolutely defeated. I didn't want to go alone, I never go anywhere without someone accompanying me.

But my sister offered to buy me booze for the concert. And that was enough to convince me.

So we met up, drank a glass of wine together and I went on my way with 3 bottles of cider in my bag. I waited in front of the concert hall. They hadn't opened up the place yet, I was way too early. As usual.

But an old man came up to me and started asking about the band. So, as a polite teen I answered everything until the gates were finally open.

And I rushed in as quickly as possible. And of course, I tried to make the clinking of the bottles as muffled as I could. But I did it and sat down on one of the couches in the back.

I looked around. There were very few people (not surprising, not even the headliner is a famous band). But all of them were looking at the stage as the first musicians came up. I haven't heard of them before, but it was a bit awful.

So, to numb the headache they caused me, I drank the 3 bottles at once. And I spotted 3 guys in the front (actually, no, they were the only people in front of the stage so like...), and neither of them were headbanging, instead they were... nodding (thus earning the title of The 3 Nodding Idiots). And I still distinctively remember their features. One of them seemed pretty laid back, average guy, kinda crazy with his constant jumping. Another had long hair and a flannel shirt that looked like it hasn't been washed in a week. And the third one was a bigger guy who basically had a microphone head, with the worst patchy beard you can imagine.

I have to be honest, I was very interested, they seemed like the weird people you want to get to know for their stories. So I stood up and walked to the other side of the stage. And this is where the old guy comes up again. He stood between me and this group, talking about how awful the microphone is and that the singing is barely audible.

Eye contact was made with the other guys and we giggled a little. Then the first band left the stage and we gathered into a group so the old man can tell whatever he wants to.

I still remember that he told us he went to a concert in Budapest in 1974 and that the speakers were 20 meters tall (I know, BS, but still, he was pretty drunk at this point.) And we laughed until he was out of stories.

And then, the first guy offered me candy that he just got out of his pocket. Cliche and stupid, right? Well, my tipsy and dumb self ate it without question. And another one... I think the final amount was around 5.

But we talked for a bit and joked. Up until the headliner came on the stage. After that it was just a mess of dancing and headbanging. Also, a random guy offered me half of his beer. Which was already open. Aaaand I drank it. (I told you that I was stupid as hell, what were you expecting?) It didn't have anything in it by the way, and it was really good beer.

Then at the end of the night we went outside and I got out my phone to call a taxi. But the others convinced me that they would walk me home because one of them lives in the same area as I do, another one of them was picked up right after the concert and... Microphone head guy just wanted to come along. Because why not?

So, I walked home with 2 random guys in the middle of the night. (2,5 kilometers in heels, it was excruciating.)

We exchanged names (for Facebook purposes) then said goodbye. I started hanging out with microphone head guys from then on.

He was a special someone. He spent every single afternoon with me, sometimes even after dark. This turned into a really good friendship, then later on, love. But that is a whole other story.



I hope you enjoyed the story of my favorite night, and once again, please don't be this stupid. Even I know I shouldn't have been, but it turned out pretty well, so what the hell...

Tell me your own love story in the comments or tweet at me.
Or check out other Stories.

Comments

Post a Comment